The Oregon State Sheriff's Association (OSSA) is accepting applications for a $1,600.00 scholarship, awarded annually to qualified Oregon high school seniors or current college students who intend to pursue an education at a community college or a four-year college/university with a career in a law enforcement field of study.
Applications must be received on or before May 1st, 2022. All entries will be acknowledged. Selection of recipients will be made by the OSSA Scholarship Committee. This is usually done by review of the items submitted; however, a finalist could be asked to interview with the Scholarship Committee. Notifications will take place by July 15th, 2022. The financial award will be paid to the college or university by August 15th, 2022.
TO QUALIFY, EACH CANDIDATE MUST SUBMIT:
- The OSSA Scholarship Application Form
- An original essay, not to exceed three pages handwritten or typed on the topic:
"What challenges do you see in the field of law enforcement, and what are your views on meeting these challenges?"
- NOTE: SAT and/or ACT scores are not required for application. Please disregard mention of them until further notice.
- High school or college transcripts
- Letter of Acceptance to a community college or a four-year college/university (high school seniors only)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE SELECTED ON THE BASIS OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Candidate's studies and experiences as related to their chosen field of interest with law enforcement
- Scholastic performances in all classes
- Thought process, grammatical usage, and ability to express self in the essay
- Legibility, neatness, and accuracy of information submitted
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose communicating with scholarship applicants. You will only receive further communication in regards to your application. We do not share your information with any other entity. We do not sell any information.