- May I purchase more than one ticket? YES! The more you purchase, the better your chances. No purchase limit; a maximum of 1500 tickets will be sold, although the actual number sold may be less.
- Can I buy a ticket for the chance to win one particular prize? NO. Each ticket is good for one chance to win one of eleven prizes. Tickets will all be put into one drum. We will begin the drawing at 6:45 pm on December 6, 2022 with Prize #11 and work our way to Prize #1. Winning tickets will be discarded and will not be placed back into the drawing.
- Do I need to be present to win? No. There will be a LIVE drawing held on December 6, 2022 at 6:45 PM CDT in Bend, OR and will be live-streamed on our Facebook site.
- How are the ticket purchases handled? Purchases are made through our website or in person from an OSSA staff member.
- How & where do I purchase tickets? Online ticket sales end at NOON on December 6th. In-person ticket sales end at 6:45pm on December 6, 2022.
- How are winners announced? Winners (winning ticket number, name of winner and city) will be posted online within 24 hours at www.oregonsheriffs.org/raffle-winners for 30 days from the drawing. The holders of the winning ticket shall be notified by telephone and online posting as well as an email from OSSA.
- What if I win one of the gun packages? Winners of prizes containing a firearm must pass a background check prior to the transfer of the firearm, as required by Oregon law. If Measure 114 passes, there will be additional requirements for firearms transfers for any firearms transfer not completed by December 8, 2022.
2022 RAFFLE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association (OSSA) is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity EIN 93-6027731.
Tickets go on sale November 3, 2022 at 9:00 am. Online ticket sales will end at 12:00 pm, December 6, 2022. In-person ticket sales will end at 6:30pm, December 6, 2022. Only 1500 tickets will be available, so don’t wait to get yours! There will be a LIVE drawing held on Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 6:45 PM at Riverhouse on the Deschutes in Bend, OR and will be live-streamed on our Facebook site. You do not need to be present to win.You must be 18 years or older to purchase tickets (unless the sale is made in the presence of their parent or other adult responsible for the minor’s supervision.
There will be eleven prize winners. An email receipt for your purchase of raffle ticket(s) will be sent immediately. Your entry number and full name will serve as your raffle ticket entry identifier and for your initial and any subsequent entries you make; physical raffle tickets will not be mailed. Each raffle ticket is a separate and equal chance to win one of the prize packages. Once a ticket has been drawn, it shall not be eligible to have another chance at one of the other prize packages. Receipt and/or transaction numbers should not be confused with raffle ticket numbers. Each ticket shall be uniquely numbered. Signature and valid photo ID for proof of age will be required upon pickup or delivery. Items must either be picked up at our offices at 330 Hood St NE, Salem, OR 97301 or, in certain cases, the items may be delivered in person by staff, board members, or volunteers, with the permission of the winner. No purchase limit applies while sufficient tickets are available; a maximum of 1500 tickets will be sold, although the actual number sold may be less. Void where participation is prohibited. Refunds are not permitted under state law.
All proceeds benefit Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association (OSSA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The winner of the drawing shall be required to provide the Raffle Sponsor with a signed statement confirming their eligibility under these Rules and applicable law, proof of age and social security number, and a release confirming the Raffle Sponsor’s permission to use the winner’s name, city, state, and likeness in media releases and other publicity.
Winners of prizes containing a firearm must pass a background check prior to the transfer of the firearm, as required by Oregon law. If Measure 114 passes, there will be additional requirements for firearms transfers for any firearms transfer not completed by December 8, 2022.
These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented unless such waiver, modification or supplementation is made in writing by Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association (OSSA) of Salem, OR. OSSA does not/cannot provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This section has been prepared for rules and regulations informational purposes only, and not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for tax, legal or accounting advice. Amounts paid for tickets do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be bound by these rules. In addition, OSSA assumes no responsibility for a prize winner’s state tax obligations. In no event shall OSSA or its respective directors, officers, employees, members, committee members, advisers, or board representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits, or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity.
Contest is operated by Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association (OSSA) under Raffle License #R-15220
Refer all questions to [email protected]